Ezra Miller Publicly Resurfaces at the Flash Premiere

Ezra Miller Publicly Resurfaces at the Flash Premiere

Ezra Miller Publicly Resurfaces at the Flash Premiere

Days before The Flash hits theaters, its embattled star Ezra Miller has finally entered the speed force. After Miller’s entanglement in a string of disturbing allegations and arrests that placed the superhero movie’s prospects in peril, the actor has been absent from the DC film’s press push. That is, until Monday evening, when they walked the red carpet at the movie’s Los Angeles premiere.
After taking photos in a white suit jacket adorned with metal lightning bolts, Miller addressed The Flash’s creative team for publicly supporting them amid controversy. “I love you, Maestro. I think you are amazing, and I think your work is monumental,” Miller said to the film’s director, Andy Muschietti, in a video posted by Deadline.
Miller then thanked Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder for initially casting them as the character back in 2014, as well as Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav and Warner Bros.’ Pamela Abdy and Michael De Luca. Miller concluded by thanking “the dynamic duo” known as DC Studios heads James Gunn and Peter Safran “for your grace and discernment and care in the context of my life and in bringing this moment actually to fruition.”
There were no interviews at the premiere, which was also attended by The Flash costar Ben Affleck; his wife, Jennifer Lopez; and Muschietti’s It Chapter Two star Jessica Chastain. While onstage at the premiere, Miller expressed gratitude for “the thousands of artists and workers who made this movie, everybody who supported us in our lives and in the world. And everybody who supported me in my life and in the world along this decade-long trying and very beautiful peregrination.”
Miller previously apologized for their misconduct last August, and said they were receiving treatment for “complex mental health issues.” In a statement at the time, they added, “I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe, and productive stage in my life.”
In January, the actor pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor of unlawful trespassing in a Vermont court. A representative for Vermont Superior Court confirmed that the parties involved in the matter agreed to drop a burglary charge, which could have yielded a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison, and a larceny charge. Miller will pay a $500 fine, get a year of probation, and must abide by a number of conditions including ongoing mental health treatment.
“The notion that The Flash was at risk was a wake-up call,” a rep for Miller previously told VF. The movie, in which Miller stars in double leading roles, debuts in theaters on June 16.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *